Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Baby Lexi", A mini album for my friend Linda


This is an Echo Park mini album that has pull out pages. I inked the edges of the cutout and now wish I wouldn't have. When I started out I had a completely different idea and as I progressed it took on a whole different process. Other than the inked edges I think it turned out pretty good. I hope she likes it. This lucky grandma gets this on Tuesday.
I added a number of different ribbons to the rings mostly in pinks and whites but there's a couple of blues on there, too even though you can't see them very well in this picture.

This is a picture of my friend Linda's daughter Alicia, her husband Jason and their new little one Lexi.
Isn't she absolutely adorable??!!! This has a light blue lace trim to tie in Jason's blue striped shirt, some various layered paper flowers, I hand cut a circle then punched around it with a Martha Stewart corner punch to make a doily then inked the edges a bit and cut it in half and tucked it under the picture. I added a heart button, a jeweled bling piece, some mini rose trim, a butterfly and a stick pin I made.

I used various papers from my stash and rounded the edges of the pics and the mats with my 1/2" corner chomper, blue lace around the edge, some flowers and some jeweled bling a button and the butterfly at the top is one of my own I made. I made a bow and added a pink mini paper rose at the center and attached it to the pullout.

Same page but open, this is such a great album for a handful of pics of one event.

I used some pearl strands, charms, chipboard word, buttons, and pink layered flowers (but they really look peach here). I added Stickles to the top flower to give it a bit of a pop. The butterfly is one I made. A pink and white lace trim for the outer edge.

Here again with the page open. She's so snuggly looking I could curl up with her and take a nap.

Another butterfly I made, heart pearl buttons, a metal word on the pullout, some tiny paper roses, some premade flowers with brads inserted for centers and a different ruffly lace trim around the outer edge. Again added a bit of blue to this to help tie in Jason's shirt. I tried brown on some of the pages and I just couldn't get it to look right without overpowering the rest of the page so I stuck with the pinks and a touch of blue here and there. Still pretty girly girl.

Same page open.

This page has got satin trim and pearls around the outer edge, chipboard word, mini paper roses, a charm, and other flowers.

Same page open.

This page has white satin trim around the edge, some mini rose trim, tiny white satin flowers, a butterfly I made, a few mini paper roses, and her name in pink glittered foam letters.

Same page open.

This is the back page. The album only comes with 3 pages and I wanted to make one more for all the pics I had so I cut two from medium weight chipboard and layered them together so they would match the thickness of the other pages. I trimmed the edge in a pink satin and lace trim, added a strand of pearls over the edge. I punched a doily out of plain white cardstock and inked the edges and cut it in half and put under the picture. I used a chipboard word, layered paper flowers, and a button.
The back I just left a plain pink dotted swiss and edged it in white lace.
All in all I think it turned out okay (other than the inking) and next time I will know better.
Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think.
Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gift for Linda and her family. You really did a great job. Love all the lace and interaction..

    ReplyDelete